CHINA STUDIES CENTER
DERI is responsible for administrative and financial support to some initiatives of
Unicamp’s international cooperation, including the Brazil China Study Group.
The program brings together a group of researchers and specialists with
the purpose of providing a understanding of China’s role in the world
contemporary and expand cooperation between Unicamp and Chinese institutions.
The objectives of this initiative at the university are:
- Promote greater understanding of China from a global and comparative perspective, in order to identify common areas of cooperation and stimulate interest in the study of China in Brazil, in particular at Unicamp.
- Stimulate academic cooperation between Unicamp and Chinese institutions, aiming at greater scientific, technological and cultural exchange, through the participation of professors, researchers and students from both countries.
- Expand Unicamp’s relations with companies and government or non-governmental institutions involved with China.
- Encourage the learning of Mandarin among Unicamp students.
It was through the GEBC that the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS) and the University State of Campinas (UNICAMP), signed an agreement to establish the
CASS-UNICAMP at the China Studies Center. Such an agreement establishes the rights
to jointly perform the following activities:
- Invite experts and academics from CASS to give lectures and thematic courses at the Center and at UNICAMP;
- Organize academic seminars and conferences on topics of common interest;
- Support and promote cooperation in the publication of academic research results between publishers affiliated to CASS and those based in Brazil;
- CASS Donation of Chinese Language Books as well as Chinese Studies Books in Other Languages;
- Hold an exhibition on topics related to China and provide sample results of studies on China;
- Organize and carry out joint research projects and carry out other activities of common interest by mutual consent.