Master’s (12 to 24 months) and Doctorate (24 to 48 months)
It contributes to the development of research infrastructure, the dissemination of scientific and technological knowledge and the development of human resources. It seeks to train students and researchers so that they can propose and carry out studies into the factors that determine the socioeconomic conditions and health of human populations, using their knowledge about the promotion of health, protection against specific diseases, the prevention of diseases, the relief of suffering and the prolonging of life with a view to reducing inequalities and expanding social control.
The graduate program in public health gives priority to interdisciplinary, multiprofessional work and uses qualitative and quantitative methodological approaches.
There are a large number of exchanges between the program and Brazilian health services, the Brazilian SUS (Unified Federal Health System) and associated areas, which attract researchers from other universities in Brazil and Latin America.
Major Area: Public Health
Lines of Research
- 1. Institutional analysis and educational practices in health
- 2. Social, historical and cultural aspects of collective health
- 3. Management and subjectivity: studies of health practices and policies
- 4. Health policies, intervention and assessment
- 5. Social policies and social organization of health practices
- Major Area: Epidemiology
- Lines of Research
- 1. Socioeconomic conditions/social inequalities in health
- 2. Epidemiology of infectious diseases
- 3. Epidemiology of women’s and children’s health
- 4. The impact of chemical agents on the environment and populations
- 5. Epidemiological techniques and methods applied to public health
- 6. Occupational health
- Major Area: Social Sciences in Health
Major Area: Health Policies, Planning and Management