Master’s (12 to 36 months) and Doctorate (24 to 48 months)
The profile sought for a graduate who has completed the program will be that of a leading researcher (able to act as advisor and develop research activities) and a highly qualified lecturer (able to join any Brazilian university and adapt to the conditions prevailing there, to work as a lecturer and to nucleate research).
The program is widely recognized both nationally and internationally. To date, 75 master’s degrees and 62 doctoral degrees have been awarded to graduates of the program, who are working in public or private research institutions or in postdoctoral internships. To ensure the program’s international presence, laboratories associated with the program collaborate with international laboratories on joint projects and publications, visits by researchers and internships for our students. It is currently the only program in the field of dentistry that has been awarded a score of seven by CAPES.
Major Areas: Cariology; Pharmacology, Anesthesiology and Therapeutics; Oral Physiology; Pediatric Dentistry; Collective Health
Lines of Research
- 1. Inflammation and orofacial pain
- 2. Behavior and stress
- 3. Orofacial pathophysiology and occlusion
- 4. Pharmacological studies of natural compounds and antimicrobial agents
- 5. Bacterial dental plaque
- 6. Fluoride studies
- 7. Epidemiology, treatment and diagnosis of caries disease and risk factors Epidemiology in collective health
- 8. Management in health care
- 9. Prevention in dentistry