The university of campinas is a public university funded by the state of são paulo, brazil. Established in 1966 in the city of campinas, with the goal of becoming an academic center of excellence, producing world-class basic and applied research, providing high-standard undergraduate and graduate education, and serving as a catalyst for economic and social development.
- Top brazilian university in number of published articles per faculty member.
- Responsible for ~8% of brazil´s articles in scientific journals.
- 46% of our graduate courses are top grades ( ranked by CAPES/MEC).
- Top brazilian university in number of patents.
- 15th: world´s top 50 universities under 50 years old.
- 2nd: Latin America´s top 10 universities (QS Ranking)
- 9th: top BRIC´s universities.
Keys to success
- Attraction of distinguished young faculty members by providing a suitable teaching environment and freedom of research.
- Flexible institutional environment, sensitive and responsive to societal demands.
- Balance between recruiting the best students and promoting social inclusion of students coming from the public school system and ethnic minorities.
- Early immersion of undergraduate students in research projects (scientific initiation starting in the 2nd/3rd years).
- Solid relationships between academic activities and innovation/entrepreneurship.
UNICAMP owns three large hospitals and has partnerships with the Clinical Hospital and CAISM of Campinas and of Sumaré. Visitors can use th
Teaching and Research
Below are the Inserts made by RTV Unicamp, ASCOM and the International Relations Office. Each one describes one Academic or Research Unit o