The university of campinas is a public university funded by the state of São Paulo, Brazil. Established in 1966 in the city of Campinas, with the goal of becoming an academic center of excellence, producing world-class basic and applied research, providing high-standard undergraduate and graduate education, and serving as a catalyst for economic and social development.
- Top Brazilian university in number of published articles per faculty member.
- Responsible for ~8% of Brazil´s articles in scientific journals.
- 46% of our graduate courses are top grades ( ranked by CAPES/MEC).
- Top Brazilian university in number of patents.
- 15th: world´s top 50 universities under 50 years old.
- 2nd: Latin America´s top 10 universities (QS Ranking).
- 9th: top BRIC´s universities.
Keys to success
- Attraction of distinguished young faculty members by providing a suitable teaching environment and freedom of research.
- Flexible institutional environment, sensitive and responsive to societal demands.
- Balance between recruiting the best students and promoting social inclusion of students coming from the public school system and ethnic minorities.
- Early immersion of undergraduate students in research projects (scientific initiation starting in the 2nd/3rd years).
- Solid relationships between academic activities and innovation/entrepreneurship.